A school uniform was introduced at South Featherston School in 2009. The uniform is purchased through the school office, with secondhand uniforms are available. Our uniform is compulsory and involves:
• A turquoise polo shirt that has black collar, with the school logo
• A turquoise polar fleece jacket, with black contrast, full or half zip, and two pockets with the school logo and/or a polar fleece sleeveless vest, black with the school logo
• Any plain, undecorated black item on the lower half, eg. shorts, skirts, skorts, trousers, culottes, leggings.
• The turquoise polo shirt and black shorts.
• Any broad brimmed hat. (All new entrants are given a South Featherston School hat)
High Vis Vest:
• A vest is provided free by the school to each child and is required to be worn to and from school, whether your child is walking, biking, traveling in a private vehicle or the school bus, as well as on all EOTC trips away from school.
• Footwear needs to allow full participation in all school activities with a preference to black.
• Watches and simple ear studs and items of cultural significance are acceptable.
• The top half of the uniform needs to be purchased through the school, but parents/guardians can choose to purchase the bottom half through the school or anywhere else they wish.
• The same uniform is worn throughout the year. There is no specific summer or winter uniform.
• If any pupil is not wearing the approved uniform the principal will contact their parents/guardians. The same will occur if the uniform is not in a respectable condition.